Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oracle 9i certification track is still worthwhile

As Oracle 9i database became desupported this year I started to have some doubts if I should go for 1z0-007 exam (Introduction to Oracle 9i SQL). I sent an email to Oracle to ask how desupporting of Oracle 9i will affect the certification path "Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate" which consist of 1z0-007 exam. Will this exam be also discontinued? Can I expect the new 10i or 11g exam in this track?

Oracle answers:

"Currently Oracle does not have any plans to retire the Oracle 9i certification track. When an OCP track retires, candidates pursuing the track are given at least 3 months time to complete their exams".

That's good to know.
Besides I guess that a lot of databases still uses 9i version and that's another reason why it's still worth to certify.

I hope this will help some lost soul who got to this page looking for clear answer.
Good luck with your exam :)

0 comments: